- Within a 4 hour drive of Seattle, 5 maybe. Probably not much south or Portland or north of Vancouver/Victoria
- Soaking-class bathtub required (not necessarily jetted, just deep, hot tub is acceptable substitute) which probably means bnb or vrbo, not big chain hotel, and inns quaint enough to be bathroom-down-the-hall are out. (My pinboard for this trip has all the bnbs pinned with their bathroom images, instead of bedrooms or whatever. Priorities.)
- a few fun things to look around at/do that are accessible even if I am having a need-a-cane day -- art galleries, museums, funky artsy neighborhoods, quaint boardwalk, etc.
- Reasonably short distance (driving okay) to some nature I can hang out and sketch in. Forest, beach, etc.
- I like the off-season, but it isn't a deal-breaker; I'd like to go sometime between now and October.
- not Long Beach.
I've already done a bit of looking at Coupeville, Port Townsend, Port Angeles, and Whidbey Island, though most of those becuase of associated art workshops that didn't work out, and a teeeny bit at Portland.