1. Are you an Essential Worker?
Nope. And between the economy, my relative lack of need, and the demands of both homeschooling and medical stuff, I'm just ... not working, even though I'm self-employed and could.
2. How many drinks have you had since the quarantine has started?
Way more than usual, though I think that's the medical rather than the quarantine talking. Like ... 4 times a week, strong enough to make me giggly. Normally I'm more of a once or twice a month person.
3. If you have kids... Are they driving you nuts?
Almost. Sometimes. They are also being really sweet.
4. What new hobby have you taken up during this?
Plans have happened (adding pastels to my charcoals) and supplies have been obtained, but I haven't actually done anything yet.
5. How many grocery runs have you done?
In-person, one. We've gotten delivery where possible, and Sean has done the rest.
6. What are you spending your stimulus check on?
I'm gonna guess medical stuff, but I don't really know.
7. Do you have any special occasions that you will miss during this quarantine?
Sakuracon and Comic-Con. We had my Dad's 75th birthday party via Zoom, which worked surprisingly well in that the Canadians could all easily attend.
8. Are you keeping your housework done?
Ha ha ha ha ha no.
9a. What movie have you watched during this quarantine?
Lilo & Stitch, the Matrix. Working through the MCU again, though so far all re-watches (Black Panther, Avengers, Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America First Avenger, and I'm not gonna watch the ones that will just piss me off. (Civil War? Infinity War? Endgame? Those are just horrible rumors like the Highlander sequels, right?) Thor: the Dark World is on deck of the ones I haven't seen.
I was gonna re-watch Sliding Doors, which is one of my favorite catharsis movies, but I can't no longer handle watching GOOP in anything where she is a real focus.
In non-movies, Leverage and Daredevil. Dan and I are gonna watch Gravity Falls together.
9b. What are you reading right now?
Fanfic. So much fanfic, mostly short. Also, re-reading long fanfic, because that's the level of not-demanding I am mostly at, though I just started Minor Mage by T. Kingfisher. I have Upright Women Wanted (Sarah Gailey), Finna (Nino Cipri), Catfishing on CatNet (Naomi Kritzer) & Swordheart (T. Kingfisher) sitting on deck.
9c. What video game are you playing?
Diggy's Adventure, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Civilization 3.
10. What are you streaming with?
Netflix, Disney+, and borrowing an Amazon Prime account because that's the only place I can find Leverage.
11. 9 months from now is there any chance of you having a baby?
12. What's your go-to quarantine meal?
Panini, usually meat and cheese, sometimes PB&J. This is also my go-to non-quarantine meal.
13. Is this whole situation making you paranoid?
Nah, just even more realistically anxious.
14. Has your internet gone out on you during this time?
15. What month do you predict this all ends?
Maybe this fall for hard-core lockdown. I can hope for August, but I suspect really that depends on when the vaccine gets done.
16. First thing you're gonna do when you get off quarantine?
Meet friends and family for hugs.
17. Where do you wish you were right now?
I'd say not here, but I can't really think of anywhere better.
18. What free-from-quarantine activity are you missing the most?
Being able to do necessary shopping in person. I am boring and comfortable with that. (Possibly this is foremost in my mind because I've had to buy bras over the internet and I didn't know my proper size *before*.)
19. Have you run out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer?
We are a soap household, and okay on TP so far.
20. Do you have enough food to last a month?
I think so. It would get a little weird, combination-wise, toward the end, as we reach the more exotic canned goods. This entry was originally posted at https://jeliza.dreamwidth.org/1091287.html. Please comment there using OpenID.